View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Default Utah Parks Baseball Find

Posted By: Shawn

About six years ago I worked for Zion National Park, and was asked to help demo a building owned by the Union Pacific Railroad. The Building was actually a shop for repairing "touring cars" owned by UPRR that carried tourists to the National Parks. When my boss and I arrived at the shop I could not believe what I was seeing. The shop (more like a train depot) was full of stuff from the early 1900s to today. Needless to say but I have many collectibles from the shop. My boss actually found the bats and gloves you see below, but was nice enough to split it up with me. He found a large duffel bag stuffed under a large metal shelf of which contained at least again as many gloves and bats as you see below and a catchers mask and pads. As you can see, two of the gloves have UTP stitch onto them(Utah Parks and Rec). The bats have Hillerich and Bradsby and Wilson on them (softball). The gloves are Nokona, Goldsmith, Wilson and Rawlings. Utah Parks And Recreation ran Zion, Bryce and Grand Canyon for awhile. I do not know much about these items and I do not think they have much value, but I think its a really neat "free" find. I am guessing these are from the mid 1940s?