View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Default Lou Gehrig signing habits

Posted By: J.McMurry

First off let me say that it is just a "gut" feeling I've had for a few years while looking at the auction catalogs,I will never claim to be an expert on this.
Second, I'm only referring to signed items(and not the obvious ones that were personalized to barry from Dimaggio,Mantle, etc.)

a few years back, an employee of either Mastro or Lelands, I cant remember which, was interviewed about Halper and his collection and he commented, I'm paraphrasing here, "Barry received some items as gifts from people he didnt even know, I approached him about a few items I thought were questionable but he refused to discuss the matter at all."

a prominent member of this board, in this very thread, has serious doubts that a Halper item is legit.

Like I said, it's just a gut feeling I've had that gets reinforced when I hear or read stuff like whats posted above.

Maybe as I have time, I'll scan pics of some of the items from this auction that I feel are questionable, and maybe members can give their opinions on them.