View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Default Philadelphia Blue Jays

Posted By: J Levine

The Phillies produced a bunch of stuff with the Blue Jays name on it. From 1944 to 1949 there were pennants produced for both the "Phillies" and the "Blue Jays." The blue jay logo was added to most of the paper products the Phillies used including office stationary, checks, passes, etc. The problem was the team had been around for nearly 60 years already and everybody in the media and fans still called them the Phillies. The team also did not change the uniform which was a problem in identity. The Phillies were the bottom and poor. They did not want to change the uniforms or anything that would cost them a lot of money so they added a patch for a few years but still had "Phillies" in giant red lettering.

Unfortunately I can not get to my items currently but I do own several programs from 1945 that have the Phillies and Blue Jays names and logos. I also own at least one pennant depicting a Blue Jay but saying Phillies. I have Blue Jay stationary. I also own at least two pins (including one similar to the one above) that say Blue Jays.

Ebay has Philadelphia Blue Jay stuff every few months...just gotta look for it.

Joshua