View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Default REA - Pittsburgh Federal League Jersey

Posted By: Nick G

I think the issue with this jersey in particular is that it appears to take the "innocent until proven guilty" approach. I imagine that might be done with all pieces, which is fine for a 1958 Hank Aaron jersey. There are other exemplars out there of others players, etc to make a judgment on it.

However when you have nothing else to work with (besides an awful side shot photo), im not sure that is enough to put a stamp of approval on it.

If the discussion is simply about authenticating and selling... I see no problem with it but i do wonder (in the case of this particular jersey) would they have given it a COA. I believe that just because you cant find a photo that says that ISNT a 1913 Federals jerseys, that doesn't mean that it IS.

There have been many times i have sent an item to Jimmy Spence (and PSA/DNA i beleive) which was a VERY obscure autograph (usually non sports) and they simply return it without a COA because they have nothing to go by, no comparison. As frustrating as it is in that case, at least I feel good in having them pass on something then not be 100% sure of.