Thread: UPS :-(
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Default UPS :-(

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

I get things under my crawl from time to time about UPS. Like any job, it's kind of a love/hate relationship anyway. I think, owning the store, some people have unrealistic expectations on how packages move. Like someone is hand walking everything through the whole system for the $8.00 they pay to ship something. Packaging is a huge issue because at all the shippers these things get tossed around not only by the humans but just on inclined belts or chutes or they come down a huge slide and a 40 pound package is coming down the same slide a 2 pound package is and unfortunately that law of gravity just inflicts some damage that a human never did at any point through the whole system. It's unfortunate but it does happen that way. As for items that never show up, that's another story!

Another shippng tip of the day...........include an address label on the INSIDE of the package if you don't put an invoice in it. If the outer one comes off or the packaging gets damaged but the contents are fine, someone has to know WHERE to send the stuff. Happens every day at UPS and I'm sure DHL/USPS and FedEx as well. Won't solve all the problems of the world but might prevent a couple........

I hate hearing about the problems and I've worked with a number of people on the card side about problems. I have access to some more sophisticated tracking software internally that might not show as much as the tracking at UPS.com so if anyone has specific TRACKING issues, let me know...............