Thread: New Rules
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default New Rules

Posted By: jay behrens

Yes, the buyers responsiblity is to pay promptly, but there are things a buyer can do after that point that can warrant negative feedback. And I have had to leave negs for 4 people because of crap they have tried to pull after they promptly paid for an item. 2 of those people were scammers that no one knew about until I posted what they did int heir feedback. So after that, they started getting more negs for the same reason.

Just as 99.9% of the sellers are good people, 99.9% of the buyers are good people. But there needs to be a way yo identify the truely bad guys when it comes to buyers too.

It's truely sad that you guys think of it as retaliatory feedback. Tells me alot about your mentality, which isn't good. eBay is all about cover your ass. Darren, as you so clearly said in post, you get positive feedback for paying right away, but should be able to post a negative without consequenes. This is exactly the situation the scammer wants so that he can go on scamming other sellers that when they look at his feedback they see nothing but happy commments

And if you guys are such good customers, why worry about when a seller posts feedback? If you are a truely good customer, then you have nothing to worry about other than NOT getting feedback. As buyer, I always post feedback regardless of whether or not the seller has posted any. In fact, I don't expect them to post any until I've posted.

It's amazing that you people are all gung ho for getting rid of bad sellers, but yet bitch about buyer scams, yet want to make it as easy as possible for those types to keep operating. It won't take a smart scammer long to learn that it pays to be a scammer buying instead of selling if everyone scted this way.

Jay

I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.