View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay Descriptions of graded cards

Posted By: Aaron M.

Now, Chris, I'm willing to overlook the fact that you avoided answering or even commenting on any of the many issues I raised, but I must take exception with your assertion that you posted here prior to Lee offering a refund.

In one of your above posts you wrote (and then quoted Lee):

"When I first Emailed Lee he replied
I am sorry that you are disappointed with the card. Part of the reason I send cards for grading is so I do not have to describe every detail of the card. I never thought the card was trimmed, especially since it was graded by SGC. (I normally do not take returns on graded cards, which is stated in the auction, but if you would like, return it and I will send you back the purchase price of the card.

Let me know what you plan on doing,"

You then go on to describe your anger that he would withhold shipping insurance costs (and assert that he should cover shipping charges as well).

So, either Lee offered you a refund on the purchase price right off the bat and, as I said and as you said, you continued to make an issue of this over a couple dollars of insurance (which means not only do I have my facts--as you've stated them!-straight, but you are running around in circles in an attempt to defend your actions) and the exact terms of this refund or, as you are now claiming, you posted on this site prior to resolving the transaction with Lee (after blaming the unnamed seller whom you mention is a regular on the site for not properly describing the card and not posting a clear image) in an even more obvious attempt to apply pressure on Lee to give you a refund which satisfied you.

Consistent with your stubborn refusal to recognize the pettiness of your behavior for what it is, your new explanation actually makes you appear even more petty or more guilty of trying to embarrass Lee on this site into giving you what you wanted.

And BTW, the card is not trimmed (according to SGC, Lee and numerous other experienced collectors and dealers on this site). So why exactly does Lee owe you a refund?

I truly don't get your rationale.

And again, I'm still wondering how your behavior after getting a refund to which you had no entitlement while attacking the seller's listing practices on a site you know he frequents (oh, yeah, you said you mention him by name--how kind of you) is not petty behavior on your part? (I also noticed you made a snide comment to him about auction listings on another thread--nice way to show your appreciation!)