View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Descriptions of graded cards

Posted By: Kenny Cole

Put me in the "not trimmed" but miscut group.

With regard to return policy, I have never sold even one card on ebay, and therefore think that I am fairly immune to being accused of having a seller's bent on the issue. That being said, I don't think there is anything particularly blurry about Lee's scan, nor is there anything very confusing about the terms of his auction. Also, while talk about non-observable creases and whatnot is fine, there's none of that going on with this auction, so far as I can tell.

As best as I can tell, the card was miscut. While my eyesight isn't that great, even I could tell that Burns' full name wasn't on the bottom of the card. I also saw a diamond cut on both the top and the bottom which didn't cause me any heartburn. I don't quite understand why there is so much bitching about alleged problems with the description when there wasn't a problem with the freakin scan to begin with.

Also, what about "No returns on graded cards" is confusing? If you don't like the policy, don't bid. It's as simple as that. LOOK AT THE CARD, not the holder or the description. If you have questions, ask. If you get lied to, that's another matter. But that didn't happen here, and if you fail to do any of the above and then complain when the graded card you receive isn't as wonderful as you thought it would be, that's simply your own fault for not paying attention to begin with. Just my two cents.

Kenny Cole