View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Descriptions of graded cards

Posted By: Aaron M.

"I told Lee in a private email that I did not mention his name and WOULD not mention his name..."

After you started the discussion here? Or did you just tell him that was your intent or both?

"and if you look at my second post I stated that."

It still has the same embarrassing effect to Lee, potentially even harmful to his business.

You are nonsensically acting as if he has no idea who you are talking about or can just passively sit back and let you tell your side of the story without stating his as well.

I find this especially galling on Lee's behalf in that he apparently immediately agreed to give you a refund, despite his clearly stated policy not to, and you found a disagreement over a couple dollars of listing fees enough to mushroom the matter to a board discussion thread where you know Lee frequents.

"I'm not trying to blackmail anybody. As I told Lee in my email and in my posts out of respect to a board member I did not give the card or the seller's name nor at any time did I intend to."

Again, I'm sure Lee would have felt perfectly content to sit back and let you tell your side of the story without offering his POV, especially considering how unbiased you appear and how, several posts later, you continue to claim Lee was at fault in his description and photos, when you were so clearly at fault.

The question as you posit, is whether a seller should offer refunds on slabbed cards. The answer is yes or no. If that discussion, which you claim you believed was worth this board's time, was the point of your posting, then why are you discussing the details of the transaction, the quality of Lee's image or his precise description?

I mean, either you believe the slab's grade rules or you don't. The rest is just you trying to justify your behavior and your side of the story.

This was petty behavior on your part, right or wrong, and I think you owe Lee an apology.