View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Descriptions of graded cards

Posted By: Aaron M.

Lee:

You are being EXCEEDINGLY generous in offering a refund to the buyer. The picture from the auction is fine (I was expecting a blurred mess from Chris's description). Plus the same "slope" that is apparent from the closer scans provided here on the site is OBVIOUS on the scan on your auction. So, I don't see how Chris can claim he didn't see what he perceives to be evidence of trimming.

On the same note, I am someone who definitely is of the mind that a seller has no obligation to offer a refund to a disappointed buyer on a slabbed card from a reputable grading service (such as PSA or SGC) unless the slab has been tampered with or the seller has sent a different card than the one pictured. Not only, exactly as you state, are you less obligated to describe the card in detail (that's what the grade is for), this does NOT remove the buyer's obligations to ask questions if he or she is in any way unclear of the card's condition and/or not willing to let the grading service's assigned grade rule.

Lastly, I think it was very tacky (borderline black-mail) for Chris to bring your private discussion of how to handle his disappointment onto this site and open it up for discussion when he knows you read and participate regularly, prior to resolving the situation. He obviously was hoping to rally support in order to "shame" you into giving him a refund and instead found more support for your position.