View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay Descriptions of graded cards

Posted By: petecld

Sure the card isn't just mis-cut and not trimmed?

Even so, if you buy a graded card and you don't like it, it isn't the seller you have a problem with it's the grading company. Why should the seller be held accountable for the action(s) of the grading company? Some collectors look at the grade, then the card, and if they don't see a glaring reason for the grade they think the grading company made a mistake and they will make $$$ on upgrading. They get the card and see there is a reason for the grade and then want their money back because they can't upgrade it. Oh well, again, not the sellers fault. That's why I don't allow returns on graded cards.

Without seeing what auction you're referring to it's hard to tell specifics but as much as sellers have levels of responsibility, so do buyers. If the image used in an auction was poor, seriously, you might want to ask yourself why. The whole, "I just don't know how to scan or take pictures well" routine is too convenient. Many times they don't want buyers to see the card clearly which sounds like it could be the case here. I have a rule, if a seller wants my money and can't post a clear scan, they don't get my money. No card is worth being ripped-off.