Thread: Mike Wheat
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Default Mike Wheat

Posted By: Cy

I'm sorry. I don't get this thread. I truly don't understand this bashing.

First of all, I have dealt with Mike Wheat and he is great to work with. He is very cordial and very professional. He doesn't waiver on his prices. So what. That is his perogative. If the price doesn't suit you, don't buy the card(s).

Another thought on prices, how many of you have bid on a lot in a major auction with an absolute ceiling bid that you in no way would go any higher, only to raise the bar $2K later on in the night. So minds do change if you want the card(s). Also I have had members of this board offer me cards at 10X book value at the grade level. That wasn't a typo. I was truly offered 10X book value. I have never been that insulted by Mike Wheat in my dealings with him.

I hear a lot of talk about Mike Wheat's grading. Once again let's bring up the major auction sites. How many of you fully expect some auction house to grade their cards 1/2, 1 or even 1 1/2 grades higher than what the card is and you still bid on the card? Mike Wheat has a grading scheme that he goes by. You know it. I know it. Get over it. Buy accordingly or don't buy accordingly.

Lastly the notion that he clogs up ebay on free days. What is the deal with this? Ebay was set up to help buyers AND sellers extend the free enterprise system and the perks given are there to do these types of things.

How many of you would love to sell 1% of your merchandise with little or no cost to you? Mike Wheat is a businessman using business tools to make a living. Period. I truly don't see a problem. If you truly feel inconvenienced by his listings, use Yahoo, THEN you will truly be inconvenienced.

Regards.

Cy