Thread: Mike Wheat
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default Mike Wheat

Posted By: jay behrens

Gotta love people like peterp that buy into the Gordon Gecko greed is good at all costs mentality. I don't begrudge anyone making a profit, but there has to be some point at which morals and personal ethics need to step up and supercede the need to make a buck. This is broad, general statement and not one about Wheat, or his practices.

The perfect example was a discussion I had with a stock broker many moons ago. I asked him how he would like it if someone got his mother to invest in a crappy stock? He said he wouldn't and that he make sure to that it wouldn't happened to her. I then asked him why he felt it was OK for him to sell crappy stocks to someone else's mother. He said that was different because it was his job and he needed to make a living too. I then asked him why his mother should be exempt and he stumped for an answer that made any sense.

Or how about the execs that have no qualms about polluting the air and water but would never be caught dead living anywhere near their plants for that same exact reason.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Jay- is the hippie in me showing thru yet?

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.