View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Default Alright studs of knowledge, what's this???

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
All good thoughts on this card so far. Here's some more to think about though. First off on Sunday morning Ron Vitro told me there was no way he was selling his unidentified caramel type card. I got down on my hands and knees, offered all the money (sort of), and he just didn't want to sell it. I did buy 2 more things from him at about 11am on Sunday as I was walking out for the day...at that time there was no way he was selling and still had it. I doubt he sold it after what he told me. I could be wrong but I would be a little surprised though. BTW, his card was similar to the ones in the Mastro auction but definitely different. I scrutinized Ron's card pretty closely and would say that it was authentic. I didn't do any forensic tests but it looked good to me. Now to the Mastro uncatalogued caramel type cards. I think there will be some more checking to see how long Mr. Egan had it. If he got it in the '70's, as he did a lot of his collection, then computer blah blah is probably out of the question. It would have been too expensive and there would have been no motive. ALSO, I have at least (1) D303 card that has a solid background color that is 2 distinct shades. The card I have is different but it is authentic and in an SGC holder. As for the fibers and the rest of this blue card I feel it would need to be seen in person to make any more hypothesis. Just some rambling thoughts.......jury still out for me.....