View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Default help with regrades

Posted By: tbob

Probably best not to submit a card in a PSA holder to SGC for a regrade or vice versa unless you want the same grade and a new holder because I don't believe either will bump it up and be perceived as an easier grader.
As far as PRO graded cards go, I have a few caramel cards sitting in PRO holders simply for protective reasons. A couple of really nice E98s which had a tiny color flake off and which I unknowingly (before reading this board) replaced with a tiny spot of glue on the tiny flake, thus rendering them ungradeable by the Big 3, reside in PRO holders. I also have a couple of obviously trimmed cards in PRO holders that were purchased cheap but have tremendous eye appeal and actually a couple of gorgeous caramel cards which may or may not be altered and which I'll probably break out and send to SGC for regrading. The bottom line is, yes, there are cards in PRO holders which are trimmed and yes, they do grade some trimmed cards, BUT yes, so does PSA and anyone who doesn't believe that is fooling themselves.