View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Default Look what card collecting has become...

Posted By: Gary B.

$280,000? Let's put this in perspective:

Recently a psa 1 t206 Wagner was auctioned off, and a psa 8 sporting life Ruth rookie card was auctioned off. For $280,000 you could have had both cards with $85,000 or so to spare to purchase, hmmm, a psa 9 1952 Mantle, or a fully loaded jaguar xk, 1,000 shares of ibm, gee, lots of things.

But seriously, none of those things will go up in value like a 1 of 1 card containing a GENUINE UNIFORM SWATCH from Lebron James and Michael Jordan - I mean, who are we kidding, right?

Michael Jordan is a legend, and while Lebron James is new on the scene, there's no way that kid can have anything but one of the finest basketball careers ever, right? I hear he has superhuman powers that will prevent him from ever getting injured, or dying, or even ever having an average year or getting involved in a horrible scandal, retiring early for any reason or anything else that would make his card depreciate in value - this is obviously a GUARANTEED investment of the highest order! This kid has so much potential it's insane, and I just KNOW that like all young superstars with infinite potential, he has nowhere to go but up. Why, maybe one day his card will be as worth as much as my GEM MINT rookies of Fernando Valenzuela and Dwight Gooden!

Smart investments like this don't come along every day, and if I had the cash, I'd bid $400,000 to make sure I got it!