View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Default Player name pronunciation?

Posted By: Julie Vognar

So Keeler was called "Wee Wee" for some reason, and Reese called "Pee Wee" from childhood because of his skill with marbles, and Frank Barning, I really, REALLY didn't know it was supposed to be a dirty joke. Where i went to school in 1951, it was an old stone building, with a long corridor on each floor, and the family head at one end, and at the other, a JOHN< just am toilet, with a door that LOCKED FROM THE OUTSIDE--no, I don't know why, but I was 15 and it was Germany, so I never asked. When sNYDER SAYS TO arEESE AT THE END, "well if you don't like "Pee Wee Belongs in the Hall" on my suitcasem how about "Pee Wee Belongs in the Terlet"? I thought of Reese locked up in that little room! I KNOW, it doesn't make any sense, but that's what I thought of.

Also, it was in bad taste because Snyder grew up[ in California, and would NEVER have said "terlet," because why pick up Brooklinese?

It was a dumb, dumb joke, and I'm sorry I told it, but PLEASE won't you help me put my '53 Bowman set together like you promised?

Oh...I don't want it anymore.