View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Default does anybody really connect with what they collect??

Posted By: Scott Forrest

just so no one gets us confused.

My first football pack was '67 Philly Gum and it had a Dan Reeves rookie. Being a huge Cowboy fan (hey, don't throw any rotten fruit at me) I was very happy. Over thirty years later I attempted to rebuild my '67 Cowboys subset and discovered ebay. Well, the set is now matted and framed in my hallway, but along the way I met '50s Bowman football, and eventually pre-wwI tobacco cards. I still love the Philly Gum football cards, and the mid-60's Topps baseball, since that's what I grew up on. At some point I would like to own complete mid-grade sets of all of them.

Regarding the off-issues Scott mentioned, I wish we had gotten some of those in hickville where I'm from. I collected the hell out of the "Green Hornet" and "Batman" cards, but we didn't see much other than that as far as non-football/baseball. Heck, we didn't even get basketball or hockey cards until the '70s.

(edited to add following)

We had all those monster stickers and caricature hot rod cards (also with monsters). I'm embarrassed to admit I collected those.