View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Default does anybody really connect with what they collect??

Posted By: hankron

As a littel kid, I made my own baseball cards. I discovered that if you errased a a portion of a magazine picture you could draw in your own stuff. So I made a baseball card of Robin Yount and a cartoon charector ... I also was a fan of Walt Disney and had detailed plans in binder for my own version of Disney World named 'Rudd World.' Had all my own charectors (Dochester Duck, Hayes the Rat, etc). Though my older sister objected to use of her name ... Then when I was six or so, I was to enter a local Easter Bunny drawing contest, where the winner would get a silver dollar and have his picture in the neighborhood newspaper. This same sister, who is now a professional sculpter, told me to glue some cotton onto the bunny, as (paraphrasing) the judges would be suckers for 'outside the box' stuff like that. She was right and I won the silver dollar ... I saved newspapers of important world events. However, the assasination of Anwar Sadat with Wisconsin newspaper letterhead, likely has little value ... And when I was perhaps five, I wanted a rubber chicken at a the local mall and my papents wouldn't buy it. I had a temper tantrum, and to this day my mom will say when people are around, "David, do you remember that rubber chicken?" ... And I still have all this stuff (except the rubber chicken of course) in a box in the back of a closet. So, technically, the plans for Rudd World still exist and can be implemented at any time.