View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Default For your reading enjoyment

Posted By: warshawlaw

They won't let the card out of their sight to be graded. If it cannot be graded, it isn't worth anything to anyone. But,if they let the card be graded and it comes back a fake, how much you want to bet that they would claim the grading service replaced their card with something else. If I was a PSA rep dealing wiht these nut jobs, I would never, ever agree to handle their card.

I also love the twisted logic of their supposed paper expert: the absence of titanium dioxide proves it was made prior to the 1920s. Wrong. If titanium dioxide was not used until the 1920's then the PRESENCE of titanium dioxide would strongly suggest that it was made after 1920. The ABSENCE of it merely proves it was made using paper that doesn't have titanium dioxide. It is a logical fallacy: Not x proves y only if y = not x. They assume not x = y, without any proof. Ditto for the printer, whose opinion should be that the item was made using turn of the century technology, not that it was made back then. We don't know when it was made and any conclusion to the contrary on that evidence is wrong. Theoretically, I could make Rembrandt prints today if I had Rembrandt's plates (in fact, there are many 18th-19th century Rembrandt "original" prints that were made with Rembrandt's plates).

The other thing that amazes me is the sheer stupidity of the audience for this sort of crap. Bottom line, it is fake. We all know it, they know it, but they are hoping for someone to step up and bite off anyhow if they can build a sufficient wall of crapola.