View Single Post
Old 05-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Default Talk about Shore, etc. made me wonder: What SHOULD keep a guy out of the HOF?

Posted By: steve k

Jay - Be more assertive about Bonds. Whether he is personally liked or not, and I don't know anyone who does personally like him, he is definitely one of the top 10 players of all time. Remember that a lot of people didn't and still don't like Ty Cobb, but he is the 2nd best player of all time behind Ruth with Williams a close 3rd. Also you should have put Gehrig on your short list - no debate that Gehrig is definitely in the top ten. Also, pitchers and hitters should never be lumped together in a top ten list - has to be two seperate lists. I don't even know how I got to having to defend Koufax, I don't even like the Dodgers, but his accomplishments and records, as previously noted, clearly speak for themselves and make him a top ten pitcher. As always, except for those 3 or 4 pitchers and hitters at the very top who nobody should disagree with, everyone has their own top ten list and I respect their opinions, even when the opinions are incorrect - LOL.