View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default Help with ebay seller

Posted By: Aaron M.

"Thanks for all the feedback,

I haven't paid for the card and was considering asking the seller if he would agree to have the card cross-graded. I doubt that he will agree and have a feeling that I'm going to get a neg from the seller...........what else can I do ???"

Next time use more common sense.

How many times have you heard the old adage, "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is." In the card business it's pretty much, "If it seems to good to be true, it's fraud."

You acknowledge you thought you getting a "good deal" and bid prior to checking the seller's other transactions history or items for sale. You also acknowledge that you didn't bring up the issue of "cross-grading" until after you had bid and the auction was over.

Hmnn. What to do? Come on!!!! Shouldn't you have asked these questions prior to bidding?

You also bid on a card graded by a virtually unknown grading card service (these companies are all, almost to a rule, shyster grading services who knowingly grade trimmed or otherwise altered cards or questionable reprints). I mean ask yourself, why would a dealer have his cards graded by some unknown service when he could get a lot more resale value if it were a PSA card? Simple, because PSA WON'T grade the card!

Come on. You found this site and seem to have some knowledge of the hobby. Now just try and apply some common sense.

You have two choices.

Negotiate your way out of the purchase if you can get the seller to agree that neither party will leave the other negative feedback and you won't initiate an E-Bay fraud investigation. (Which you promise to leave if the card is rejected as trimmed by PSA.)

Or you can keep your money and accept the negative feedback as a lesson learned.

DON'T send your money, because at least now you know what you would be getting.