View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Default COLGANS: "Send 25 Tin Tops From Packages of Colgans Violet or Mint CHIPS and

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

regular colgans but only a couple Tin Tops. As all were made in Louisville, I have great hopes to do some research someday on them but to date haven't done anything huge. I did win a really cool 1910 Louisville program that has a full page ad for Colgans in it that I will share with everyone when I can get it scanned. Lots about Colgan's that is confusing. If you scan ebay for them there's been some incredible advertising pieces like glass cases, wooden boxes and other items on sale there in the live auctions recently bringing $1000 or so on some of the better items. The mint chips display piece in RE auctions is going pretty strong right now. Live in Louisville and NEVER seen anything like any of those ad pieces out there. I did have a nice wooden box once that advertised Colgan's Taffy Tolu--completely different product from Mint and Violet chips. Sold it to Lelands and rue that transaction to this day. Anyway, sorry I can't shed anything more on them for you.............