View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Default Completely Bizarre

Posted By: warshawlaw 

In another string I mentioned some authenticated autographed index cards that I saw encapsulated in PSA/DNA holders. I contacted PSA/DNA for an explanation of the service. The following is what I was told:

"We now offer a brand new service called One Great Combination. For $20 a card, you may submit your card (valued below $1000) to PSA for autograph verification and card grading. The two services work in tandem. For additional details, please visit the following site: http://www.psacard.com/greatcombo.chtml. If you have any additional questions, please contact us toll free at 800-325-1121."

"The special applies to index “cards” as well. You also have the option of submitting the items for a FULL premium authentication (includes a COA or LOA) which costs between $20-$250 depending on the autograph. Thereafter, you may submit the card for encapsulation through PSA which will range between $8-$50 depending on the turnaround you select. Given this information, we recommend that you take advantage of the One Great Combination special."

This, however, is what the PSA web site to which this email directed me says about the offer:

"Please keep in mind that an autographed card submitted under the PSA card grading and autograph authentication combination service must pass both autograph authentication and card grading authentication in order to be encapsulated."

Maybe it is all the coffee at 3:50 in the afternoon, but I don't follow this at all--the two statements seem to be mutually contradictory. Do these guys have any clue at all???