View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Default My first post...finally

Posted By: jrhatchjr

Greetings all,

I have been a reader of this forum for quite some time but have never posted anything until now. Since this was one of my New Years' resolutions, I figure it's time to make good...

I have been a collector of vintage cards since around 1990 when I purchased my first T212 Obak: a 1911 Monte Pfyl. Since then, Obaks have been my pride and joy. Today, my pride and joy is almost grown up as I only need three more 1911's to complete the basic set (excluding those pesky 1910 "150" variations). Fortunately of the 1911's I need, none are Weaver, Ten Million or Peckinpaugh.

The caveat to my pre-war passion is that I collect cards in low grades. Now by low grades I don't mean VG-EX - I mean fair, poor and worse. I realize that not too many others collect these types of low grade cards (or pieces thereof) but it's what makes the hobby enjoyable for me. Someday I'll post a couple of my favorite beaters, but when I do I'll be sure to warn you first in case you've just had something to eat

I don't know how much I can contribute to some of the topics here: I've never placed a bid with any of the big auction houses and I don't own a single graded card (except for an E220 Harry Hooper that was pre-graded by PSA as "EVID-TRIM." Since the borders have been totally removed I'd say they were right on). But I do consider myself a hobbyist and have traded and corresponded with a few others on the board which I have found most enjoyable.

Anyway, just wanted to finally stop in and say HI...

Take care,
Jim Hatch
(jrhatchjr)