View Single Post
Old 02-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Default Rose Company Postcards

Posted By: petecld

I don't collect this set so someone with who does can correct me if I'm wrong but comparing them to a small number of scans I have I noticed a few "interesting" things:

1) In all of the scans I have the photo is cut right to the gold frame. These all have a white area between the image and the gold frame. Is this odd for the issue?

2) All the scans I have show an indoor setting where as these are all outdoor settings. Are there other outdoor portraits?

3) The font style, size and placement used on these is different from the style, size and placement used in my scans. When I say placement I mean within the white box. Does this set use different type styles, sizes, etc.?

4) The sellers say they came from an album but i see no glue residue of paper loss on the backs. Is that odd?

Could this be the work of a Springfield fan or even the team? Someone bought real Rose postcards and altered them to appear they were issued for this team?

None of these names appear in the SCD guide. 13 undiscovered Rose postcards - all from one team? Too good to be true??????

Things that make you go hmmmmm........