Thread: Lipset
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Default Lipset

Posted By: prewarsports

I have never understood why people care who used to own a baseball card. Unless an item is autographed and it helps prove authenticity, I dont see why an N172 is worth any more because Buck Barker owned it. After all, the provanance of all baseball cards are set to begin with; all Old Judge cards are "ex-Goodwin" etc. So 50 years down the line some old guy who liked to write on his cards gathered up a whole bunch of them and they are worth more? How would you ever prove that something was ex-Barker from a set he didn't write all over? I have several T207 cards which came from the estate of Smokey Joe Wood. Anyone who wants to pay me a premium for those please e mail me. You can call them "ex-Smokey" or "ex-Wood" when you resell them if you want but I guarantee you wont get a penny more for them than the same T207 without the provenance.

If I am missing something please fill me in, but I just dont get it when it comes to baseball cards. It's the same exact thing regardless of who owned it before you did.