View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Default My prediction is ...

Posted By: steve

Great thread... My two cents...

1. Barry Bonds - great player - obvious first ballot Hall of Famer. Of course steroids has enhanced his performance and statistics. As to how much is anybody's guess.
2. Roger Maris - one of my favorite players and one of the classiest baseball players of all time. But he only had one great year and a few good years. Not nearly as good a player as Barry Bonds. No asterisk should be placed next to Bond's records. No asterisk should have ever been placed next to Roger's record.
3. Are we forgetting the Babe? - of course not! Who knows how many homers Ruth would hit in today's game but absolutely no question it would be more than Barry Bonds.
4. Regarding Rose and player's lifestyles... I personally do not care what players do off the field as far as analysing their credentials for the Hall of Fame. As long as it doesn't affect the integrity of the game. But Rose with his gambling did tamper with the integrity of the game and should never be allowed in the Hall of Fame. Never! Other lifestyle problems such as Cobb's and others, should not be considered in Hall of Fame elections.