View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default Sellers Beware, Paypal

Posted By: slacks

Yeah, I can see the down sides to PayPal. The posts in the last few days brought up issues I had not been aware of. I won't bore you all with my points again, but suffice it to say that I think it's worthwhile to cast the biggest net as possible. But yes, I'm cocerned about PayPal turning against sellers like they seem to be.

I have to wonder if this has been/will be challenged in court. PayPal can't just make their own rules you know , no matter what we all agreed to when we open accounts, they have to abide by Visa/Mastercard transaction regulations, and I'm suprised to hear that the P.O. receipt isn't good enough. I don't like that at all. And has anyone checked out the USPS website to see what the official rules are for delivery confirmation? I find it disturbing that rules like that are not applied consistently.

Runscott: 20-65 mpw is pretty impressive. I ramped up too quickly and w/too many speed workouts. I wasn't used to the pounding of running. I have to take it more gradually. I like running because you can get a comparable workout in at lot less time, and can still enjoy competetion without the risk of crashes. Cycling can be pretty close to injury-free as long as you keep the rubber side down, although there are some recent concerns about bone-density among long-term cyclists because of the lack of weight-bearing exercise. Good tip on finding more forgiving surfaces to train on - thanks.