View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Default Sellers Beware, Paypal

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Slacks,

One of the biggest reasons businesses take credit cards ( and debit cards) is the fact they get the money immediately and if there is a problem with the transaction someone else has to deal with it. Yes, I understand the charges can be disputed but if any of you have tried recovering money on a bad check you understand that it is a royal pain in the whoopiesy daisy. The proof of burden is now on the business that accepts the checks and not the fact that the person writing the check was the one in the wrong.

I agree that Paypal is a convience that is paid for by the sellers, not the buyers (yes, I know you need both to make them work). the obviously do not even stand behind the sellers and make them responsible for the shipping company and who knows what else. I think you see a pattern here of other upstanding sellers getting screwed by ebay and if there are more i would like to here from them.

As I said earlier I will not close my Paypal account, just not use it as common practice in selling. As they say screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me. I son't want a second chance to happen, and mine happened with a seller with 100% feedback.
This could happen to anyone out there.