View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Default Sellers Beware, Paypal

Posted By: runscott

She said there was some machine that had a 3/4" inch slot, and that if the mailer fit through the slot she couldn't do DC on it. Seems weird (and I told her so). She also said that until recently DC was not allowed on 1st class - only priority and higher.

Slacks - can't agree at all with you on the "losing business" theory. If this were straight sales I would agree, but it's an auction and the nature of an auction is totally different. Example - let's say bidder #1 and bidder #2 are both itnerested in an item and willing to pay $100, but bidder #1 only has a credit card. The item hits $95, bidder #1 fails to bid because runscott doesn't take Paypal. Bidder #2 goes for it anyway. I don't lose a nickel. If I took Paypal, bidder #1 would have bid $100 and bidder #2 would still have dropped because the item hit his top price. Basically, any item with two serious bidders who have cash or checks, is in no danger of going to cheaply just because I don't take Paypal, and most ebay auctions have a few more than two bidders. Also, keep in mind that if the non-Paypal bidders elect not to play, others with real money may step up. JMO of course, but I'm more than willing to go with it...