View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Default Naxcom Hollywood Park Show

Posted By: Kenny Cole

Dear Vintageball:

I missed all the excitement at the show, but am curious as to why you feel that discussion about the admitted fact that "models" (and I use that term loosely) were present at the show somehow equates to being a "bashing contest" on Network 54. That just doesn't compute for me.

Personally, I'm all for pretty girls getting naked. They're fun to watch. But, I'm not at all in favor of that happening at a baseball card show where there are inevitably going to be kids present. That's true even if the girls are engaging, will sit on your lap and wiggle as they sign autographs, have some degree of conversational skills, and/or don't act as if their only attributes relate to their physique and the uses to which they put it. In that regard, use of the term "hooker" is likely related to a perception, perhaps not wholly unwarranted, about the realities of those girls' economic support system. Perhaps that perception is mistaken, perhaps not. Perhaps, having been there, you have a better idea about that than I do. If so, feel free to share.

In any event, I'm not quite sure how voicing an opinion that the presence of scantily-clad women at a baseball card show is inappropriate equates to a Network 54 "bashing contest." Do you contend that is appropriate? Please enlighten me, because I am very confused about that. What's your beef?