View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Default the rest of the small find........

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Just because people say cards were nice doesnt mean they were,especially if youre not talking to the person who owned the cards.I recently was asked to look at a collection of cards from a friend of my fathers.These people are very rich,they have a winter only home in an upper middle class town thats worth close to half a million,so i think theyre doing good.

Anyway the lady told my father they were old cards and in great shape.They belonged to a relative who passed away.So i went to see the cards at her house and they were all baseball cards ranging from 81-90 topps,no more than 500 and they were thrown into a shoebox.There wasnt any cards worth more than $2 and most had 4 dinged corners,and some were creased.

She also didnt realize a Yogi Berra and a few other black and white cards were from the late 80's and when i showed her that a set of 44 in mint condition just sold on ebay for $6,she was to say,a little disappointed.

In the end,i straightened out the cards into nice neat piles,put them back in the box and told her to put them on a top shelf in a closet and forget about them for awhile