View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Default Open Letter to Grading Companies, Authenticators and Major Auction Houses

Posted By: Hankron

I'm not trying to pick an a company, but here are two diffferent ways that major companies dealt with significant issues (Everyone makes mistakes and apparently the issues were solved, so that's not an issue).

1) Two auctions ago Slater's auction had a major problem with shipping and there was trememdous delays and related problems. In their next catalog they had a full page apology at the front of the catalog with detailed explanation on how the situation was fixed (hired new employees, etc).

2) GAI began by mislabelling their encapsulated vintage Sweet Caporal packs (wrong years, incorrectly associating them with T206 cards). They learned their mistake and I beleive now label them well. The problem is that this was all done on the sly. They never gave a public notice about their labels and changes, but, without telling anyone, went back into their database and retroactively changed the years. While they learned from their mistakes (which is great), it apparently was against company policy to keep their paying customers up to date or offer them information.

My problem is that most of these types of companies tend to deal with major issues like GAI did. And it is my hope that, when reading this thread, these companies will in the future choose to deal with issues they way Slater's does.