View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Default Open Letter to Grading Companies, Authenticators and Major Auction Houses

Posted By: Hankron 

I don't collect graded cards and am not playing favorites here, but I have some advice that I think this big companies take to heart. I am also assured that, whether they are PSA or GAI or SGC advocates, most collectors will agree with me.

I wish there was more openness with these companies-- meaning communicating what's going on. I'm certainly not suggesting that GAI or PSA reps post on chatboards or get into public debates or have a laundry list of every boo boo they make-- but these companies have websites or newsletters or whatever. Personally, I think it would great that when a company makes a mistake or has a significant issue or company change that they would be the FIRST to communicate. I will bet you that even the most ardent PSA advocate would readilly agree that if there is a significant PSA issue, the last place you will hear about it from is PSA. And trust me, PSA, that's a bad thing for both you and your clients.

A little bit more of sincere communication would go a long way and I promise would bring greater esteem and trust in your companies. Again, this communication can be in the form of the company's liking and control.