View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Default Drying up cards-- maybe not

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

I think that most of the current frenzied buying, especially on eBay, has a lot more to do with new collectors getting into pre-wwI and II issues then cards drying up. I began to see a real flurry of bidding on eBay around mid-November, especially on caramel issues. I collect N172, T212, and Caramel issues and the only substantial change IMO has been with the caramels. Bidding competition for these has been very heavy and the tougher the issue, the tougher the competition. There definitely seems to be a lot of "new blood" buying up e-cards, especially everything from e92 thru e98. Obaks, when they've been available, have seen a little bit of an increase bidding, especially with what seems to be newer collectors. While the competition for those has been a little bit higher, the prices have stayed very reasonable. N172's don't seem to be doing as well as they had been for lower grades, but mid-grade and slabbed examples still seem to be doing well overall. I think a lot of deals can still be found in many of the vintage minor league issues, T209, T210 and T212. Which is great as I love'em. Just my opinion based on what I've seen on eBay lately.