View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Default Rating the Auction Sites

Posted By: Aaron Michiel

I think, in terms of auction format, quality and variety of items offered, customer service and affordability of realized price, Hunt's auction house is the best.

I have always found Hunt very friendly and accommodating in handling my requests and when live bidding. They are also extremely accurate in their descriptions and won't go overboard in trying to puff-up an items condition. And if it has problems, they state so very clearly.

I also like Mastro simply for the quality of their catalog and items offered. Their service is not personable or particularly friendly and their prices are astronomical, but they have such great stuff, it's hard to stay away.

Leland's has the same problems as Matsro, but without as much quality stuff. (Of all the auction houses I have dealt with, I'd say their customer service is the worst.)

I had a very positive experience start to finish recently with American Memorabilia as well.

I also just won items from Slater's auction for the first time and am admittedly anxious about how much trouble I'm going to have to go through to get my stuff. Their site mentions winning bidders will receive immediate e-mail notification of their winning bids, but I haven't heard a thing for two days....