Thread: E102 Cobb
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Default E102 Cobb

Posted By: Jeff M.

I am posting this because as mentioned in another post about people not posting because they know others out there have more information on certain subjects. I know others here will have better information on numbers that have been for sale of the Cobb. I have been working on this set for a while and will say that you do see the Cobb offered for sale on occasion on ebay. Every time it is low grade, I wanted the one that you won, the SGC 20. I thought at that time I may not see another come along in better shape that I would be able to afford. But I went against all of my best judgment and bid on one on ebay awhile back that had no picture in the listing that had a Buy it now. Before I sent payment the seller sent me a scan of the card. After my check had cleared the bank and after being told it was sent 2 times and after over 5 weeks or waiting I finally got it. (much to my relief and the wife's from hearing me bitch) The seller had tried to get me to back out of the deal because he had been offered $2000.00 for it after I ended the auction. He said he would compensate me if I would let it go and he could sell it to them. The $2500.00 would be nice to have it is a lot for the card. But looking at the prices some cards have been getting lately I wonder how much you would be able to improve on the card if you had the money and if you could even find one for sale in better condition. You still have a nice card if you keep it.Here is the one I got if the picture will load. Jeff