Thread: E102 Cobb
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default E102 Cobb

Posted By: shammus

Ahhh, more good points...I figured someone would compare the two cards. The E107 Young is a totally sweet card no arguments there. You have to keep in mind that Pete and I are at two different stages of Vintage card collecting. I'm operating with perhaps a year's worth of experience. Will the Cobb mean as much to me in 5 years or when I have enough experience in the hobby to where I'm at the point Pete is now? Maybe not, because my collection will (hopefully) be vastly improved by then; but maybe so, because this card is the first vintage card that I can say I've acquired that is actually expensive, rare and sought after. My first significant acquisition in other words....that sentiment alone will keep the card in a high place in my collection for some time to come. My point is that while I wasn't trying to compare the two cards, I was comparing the sentiment that each card means to its respective owner. When I have been in the hobby a while, I hope to have cards that are vitually irreplaceable as well, but for where I am right now, the Cobb is a nice one for me to own.

I will agree with you on one point. It would be much easier to part with the Cobb if I had a replacement lined up (depending on whether or not I could get over the fact that its my first big acquisition). Granted, I haven't been scouring all of the possible avenues out there for acquiring cards, but from what I've seen, the other E102 Cobbs floating around out there on Ebay and other places aren't nearly as nice as this one despite the fact mines only a 20. But sentiment aside, I'll agree with that last statement, it would be easier if I had a suitable replacement lined up and I'll trust you if you say they're out there.