View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Default Steve Verkman and Clean Sweep Auctions

Posted By: TBob

Especially the M116 Sporting Lifes. I have bought PSA and SGC M116s which measured shorter than raw ones which were refused because they were too short. Because the M116s went out in envelopes instead of tobacco packs and candy boxes, you'll find them with nice sharp edges and I think the grading companies are so caught up with the trimming issues that they tend to feel that they will reject 10 good ones rather than grade one trimmed one.
Speaking of GAI, the T206 Wagner would probably never have made it by them as they are brutal on rejecting cards which they feel are "sheet cut." I am not exactly sure what this means as I assumed all cards were cut from sheets by the printers (duh) but GAI claims that they can differentiate cards recently cut from sheets from ones cut originally. (I guess you have to ask Messr. Baker) Maybe they can, but why in the world would anyone cut blue background M116s like my Bresnahan which appears NMT from a frigging sheet and not sell the sheet intact and make a fortune???? Just wondering...