View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Default What are some of the easier caramel/e-series sets to complete?

Posted By: scott brockelman

E95 is the easiest if you are talking about availabilty and prices, E93 may be next, E96 is not expensive but finding them without staining is very difficult, i find E98's to be readily available, and E97's while red hot in the market are not that rare just a few key cards are. E94's are similar to the E97's, small supply regularly offered, but completion of a set is a challenge. E92, if you include the gamut of issuers, are readily available, but compiling any one of the "sets" would prove a long term challenge, i think many people shy away from this designation due to the repetitive fronts. E105 mello-mints is a type card set for most, as is E106 which is an abbreviated version of E90-1, which are readily available in lower grades or the more heavily printed runs, but the scarce cards are murder! and lastly we have the E107's breisch-williams' baby. no one has EVER completed this set, some have came close only to be detered by rarity and new discoveries.

most of the E-cards are on a somewhat thinner and/or softer paper stock, making survival very difficult. i would suggest buying a few low grade examples of each to familiarize yourself with the cards and their characteristics and then pick out one that entices you for whatever reason and go for it!!!

they are not becoming easier to find and should appreciate in value ahead of the rest of the vintage card market.

scott