View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Default Why is shill bidding so bad?

Posted By: leon aka peace maker

Well....I was going to stay out of this one cause ya'll are having such fun but figured what the heck. Several things I thought about in reading this thread.

1. The question and topic are great. I agree if an issue is never brought up and can't be discussed.

2. I did not think Cy was saying anything more than "let's open this up for conversation". Great topic.

3. Whomever said something about "it's against ebay rules"....well, I am not a big ebay proponent but still like the venue....quite honestly I think their responses, accountability, and service SUCK bad. SO in that respect saying it is against ebay rules is moot ( to me anyway).

4. My personal view of the subject is that both collusion and shilling are sort of similar but not really.....yes, that is what I meant to say. They are both a form of price fixing yet shilling is majorly frowned upon ( and I agree ) yet collusion is only frowned upon when it is brought into the open? Sort of "don't ask and I won't tell" situation......so in my thinking both collusion and shilling do the same thing.....fix prices....

regards all