View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default 2 Type card email sales by 2 different sellers!!! PLEASE READ

Posted By: fkw

It is very familiar.......

Dean Z. has done that same thing to me..... For a couple months straight last year he listed in his SCD ad almost all my cards I had on my small website at the time (scarcer fairly unique type cards) with his prices about 1.5-2 times what I was asking for the cards. I found this myself while scanning through SCD and caught it fairly early. He would list a few dozen of my cards per week, and I would then temporarily jack up the prices each week when I read the SCD and saw which cards he listed in his small ad, then I would lower them a couple weeks later back to the original price. At the time I didnt care too much because his prices were unreal on most of the cards, and I knew not many would sell. I believe he ended up buying about 3-4 low value cards from me and only made maybe 5-10% profit on the transaction (after selling them to someone who saw his ad). I knew the damn ad in SCD cost him way more than what he made off me those couple months (and I was happy with the slightly larger profit I made off my temporarily jacked up prices). I knew he would try it again...... It made me think of him in a different light to this day. I wouldnt buy a thing from him now. Oh well, thanks for reminding me. I should have wrote about it back then. Frank