View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Default 2 Type card email sales by 2 different sellers!!! PLEASE READ

Posted By: Eric 

I want to make an important announcement here about two TYPE card email sale lists that have been transpiring over the past week. I like to keep things simple, and will not get others involved, so I will not name the persons invovled here. I apologize to the esteemed seller who I referrence here, if he deams this not a becoming post for me to relate publically. However, I feel compelled to make others aware of a truly sad attempt to fraudulently "use and mislead" one of the best sellers in our hobby, and a slew of unsuspecting collectors, many of which participate on this board.

Earlier this week, I received a TYPE card email sale listing from one of the most highly trusted and honored persons in our hobby. I will refer to this person as "M". M's list had a selection of type cards for sale, at his usual buyer friendly prices.
A day after receiving M's email, a friend of mine emailed me with a list of type cards being offered for sale, from an individual who I will refer to as "Z". The only difference was the pricing, and Z was asking much higher prices on all of the cards. Feeling that there may be an ethical and fraudulent problem involved, I responded to my friend and mentioned M's TYPE card sale email that I had recieved a day earlier. As my friend did not receive M's email, he was dismayed at how the same exact offering could be made, and contacted M directly to get the facts straight.

Here are the facts. M had emailed Z with the TYPE card list of cards for sale earlier this week. Z in turn, cut and pasted that list exactly to create his own listing, but jacked up all of the prices, and added that this was HIS newly acquired collection for sale. Z then email blasted the list out to his unsuspecting collectors (which included my friend). Z figured that any cards that people in his email blast came back to him wanting to buy, that he would then buy from unknowing M, and resell them to his customer for a major profit. Obviously, Z didn't own even one of the cards in this email that he represeneted as his own. All the while, he figured that no one would make the correlation of what he was doing...and that he could go about making a quick profit off of people who would never know the difference.

Again, I apologize to M if he didn't wish to make this a public announcement, but I can't stand to hear about garbage like Z scamming fellow collectors. And that's exactly what this boils down to, a misrepresented fraudulent scam. This is not about a guy reselling cards out from under someone, it's 100% fraud. It's disgusting that Z thought he'd actually get away with doing this without one of us in the hobby noticing. It makes me even madder, because M offers cards to collectors at very fair prices, not necessarilly trying to make a buck, but rather to enrich other people's collections. Z is a piece of crap that tries to lure unsuspecting card collectors. This also evident by the way he always posts his vintage card auctions in non-vintage card categories on Ebay. His attempt to mislead and misrepresent M's collection as his own is sad and fraudulent, and it should be known throughout our hobby what this individual has (initials DZ) done. Thanks to my friend, and a couple other astute collectors, this SOB will never again be respected in the vintage card collecting community.