View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default Would love some insight on this one...

Posted By: fkw

So I guess PSA has finally woke up and has started grading "handcut" cards now (after missing the boat for so many years). The "Authentic" line is weak, they should grade the sucker, what is PSA so afraid of??? There are many types of candybox cards that are very popular with vintage collectors, let alone rare and valuable, (ie. Orange Border, W555, All Star Baseball Package, J=K, Schapira Bros., Darby, Base-Ball Bats, W555, Derby Cigar, etc.) that are ONLY found handcut, not to mention the dozens of 1920s era strip card sets that also NEED to be handcut as well. I guess since PSA has lost a big chunk of the vintage card market to SGC for rejecting strip cards and candybox cards for many years, they now want to be more customer friendly (less anal), and are now (sort of) tryin to slab ALL vintage cards. Why not a grade?????? PSA will always be second fiddle in my book.... from the low quality slab that lets cards slide around, to this garbage of not putting a grade on the slab. SGC is the best for vintage and always will be in my opinion. By the way if the owner of the All Star Baseball Package Chance is selling, Im interested. Frank