View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default T207 population info sought

Posted By: Tim N

PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY TO ME RATHER THAN TO THE BOARD.

Hi folks-- I've begun to compile a population survey on the T207 set, feeling that there's no good up-to-date info on it. I'm convinced through my own experience, and through conversations with fellow searchers, that a good number of cards usually called commons are much scarcer than the typical common. Also, some of the cards understood as relative scarcities are vastly tougher than others lumped into the same category. It will benefit all of us who love the set to know these things more accurately.

So I've begun surveying ebay and other sources. So far I've charted only about 500 cards total, so it's too soon to draw conclusions, but interesting patterns have already begun to emerge.

Can I ask you to give me any info you have on this subject? Send me a list of the T207s you currently have, or the ones you don't have -- whichever is easiest. If you have a store of duplicates, let me know which ones. I'll do the rest.

What's in it for you? I'm not doing this for money, but when I've surveyed a bunch more cards-- hopefully several thousand eventually-- I'll share the complete results with everyone who responds to my query and contributes something to the project.

A NOTE ON BACKS: I haven't been charting backs on Ebay since they often aren't shown, but I'd like to include backs in the project, so if you could break down what you have by back, that would be helpful too.

Thanks,

Tim Newcomb