View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default Negro League Baseball Card

Posted By: Kenny Cole

Paul,

This same seller had a couple of other "cards" up for auction a few months ago. On a whim, I bought the Bill Wright. It is hand cut, about 5 and 3/4" by 2", with pink/purple overtones. The one I have is pasted onto what I believe to be construction paper, but the card/photo/whatever the hell it is, is also of pretty thick stock, thicker than paper it is glued to. Beneath the photo is a newspaper cutout of the final standings for the negro league teams of that year. I've meant to look that up, but haven't done so yet. Every one I've seen (3) is from the Baltimore Elite Giants though.

I don't know what it is, but it is way too thick to be a magazine cutout. It looks more like some sort of panel insert made of heavy paper. The one up for auction seems to have a decent right side, so I'm wondering if it wasn't perhaps a 3 panel insert because mine is ragged on both sides. Don't know, just a guess. Anyway, I am pretty sure it is vintage, even though I can't figure out where it came from. Hope that helps a little.

Kenny