View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Default Sometimes ebay sellers are just plain dumb

Posted By: jay berhens

Let's say he has run 100k auctions in the past 4 years and that said extra person makes $50k/yr (I used to live in SF, a very expensive city, and can't imagine that a position answering email inquiries would merit this type of pay. Hell, I'd do that job for less than $50k). This means that each auction would have to generate an extra $2 per auction to pay this person. This doesn't seem too unrealistic given that this person seems to have a propensity for not providing back scans and not answering emails.

He's obviously doing something right to stick around in the business, but that doesn't mean that he is running a perfect business.

I will say this again, anything that a business does that does not assist, help or impress potential or current customers is costing that business money. And in terms of potential customers, a lot of potential future revenue. Talk to any major business and they will tell the customer relations is the single most important thing and this not a good example of customer relations.

Jay