View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Default Library of Congress Images on Ebay

Posted By: runscott

I contacted the l.o.c. and asked if it was okay to sell their images - they basically said "yes". I contacted them initially because of all the fake o.j.'s on ebay being sold as "gee, I don't know nuthin bout cards but these may be real - no refunds...God bless".

I have no problems with this guy - his images are clearly reproductions, he's even cleaned up the scans so they are very nice looking, and I don't see how anyone could be fooled that a glossy cleaned-up picture of a T3 on photo stock could be a real card. I haven't bought from him (though I'm about to), so I'm hoping that the quality will be good, but you never know - I bought from "jhevergreen" and it was crappy computer reproductions that I threw in the trash. On the other hand, I bought one of the 1874 Boston Red Stockings photos from another seller (http://www.store.yahoo.com/mipakaco-photos) and it was a high-quality silver-halide image on photo paper, made from an old negative. The quality was amazing and I highly recommend him for baseball reproductions.