View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Default Cards from boxes

Posted By: fkw

In my opinion, it all depends on the set. The "All Star Base Ball Package" cards are very very scarce, and many more time than not found WITHOUT the words "All Star Base Ball Package" on the front. I have only seen a small handful of cards that had the complete wording above the players picture. Im sure most kids cut that part away right from the start (I know I would have). So I would collect them as I find them, with the full sized complete box side pannel (complete card) adding a fairly good premium to the value. The 1910 era "Orange Border", "Base Ball Bats" candy, "J=K" candy, etc. cards are found with complete borders more often, but still there are many cards from these series that are cut close (without borders). These "candy box" cards are very scarce, so most set collectors will take what they can find, with nicer examples bring a large premium. The book values on these sets has finally caught up to there true value in my opinion. I would be interested in any of these candy box cards (any condition) if any has any they want to move Frank